Making Beaded Necklaces
Wire Jewelry Instructions
Putting the Classic Necklace Together
Making Beaded Necklaces - Classic Necklace
tutorial - part 2.
This page is about the process used.
A... Make 7 Two-Simple-Loops-with-a-Bead.
- Make 7 Two-Simple-Loops-with-a-Bead...
- You'll make 7
if you have seven beads... but make as many as you like in your design.
- You can add and take away beads without wasting material and time. You simply attach a
or take it away.
B... Attach the 7 Two-Simple-Loops-with-a-Bead...
to Each Other
- Start by linking two
- Use Opening-and-Closing-of-Loops to attach the
to each other.
C... Attach the String of Two-Simple-Loops-with-a-Bead
to the Chain.
- Use Opening-and-Closing-of-Loops to attach the chain to the two ends of the string of beads.
- See what it looks like.
- Attach the chain to one end of the string of beads if you are sure about how many beads you want in your necklace.
D... Measure the length
of the necklace around your neck.
Here are the steps to do it...
- Detach the chain at one end of the string of beads.
- Fit the necklace around your neck. Decide how long you want it to be.
- Take a measurement of how much chain you need to take out.
- Add the length of your clasp to this length.
- Shorten the chain by this length.
- Attach the chain to the string of beads. Use the Opening-and-Closing-of-Loops technique to do this.
E... Attach the Clasp
Making Beaded Necklaces...
- Open the link in the center of the length of chain on your necklace.
- Use Opening-and-Closing-of-Loops to attach the clasp to the chain.
Now you know the wire techniques used in the Classic Necklace Tutorial
. There are so many ways to use these to make necklaces and bracelets... I'm sure you have tons of ideas...
Go make them and have fun!
Return to the top of this Making Beaded Necklaces... Part 2
Return to Wire Jewelry Making... Tutorials and Projects
Return to Wire to Jewelry home.